By Robert Barnard,Louise Barnard
- Comprises nearly 2,000 alphabetically prepared entries
- Defines and describes the Brontës' fictional characters and settings
- Incorporates unique literary decisions and analyses of characters and motives
- Includes assurance of Charlotte's unfinished novels and her and Branwell's juvenile writings
- Features over 60 illustrations
Read or Download A Bronte Encyclopedia PDF
Best biographies & memoirs of authors books
Whilst, in 1968, 19-year-old Tressa Bowers took her child daughter to knowledgeable on deaf young ones, he suggested that Alandra was once “stone deaf,” she probably might by no means be capable to speak, and he or she most likely wouldn't get a lot of an schooling as a result of her verbal exchange obstacles. Tressa refused to simply accept this stark review of Alandra’s customers.
Ivan Konevskoi: “Wise baby” of Russian Symbolism is the 1st learn in any language of Ivan Konevskoi—poet, philosopher, mystic—for many many years the “lost genius” of Russian modernism. A clean and compelling determine, Konevskoi plunged deeply into the currents of recent mystical suggestion and artwork within the Nineties.
Simply because she committed a lot of her existence to exploring the relationships that exist among humans and their equipped setting, Edith Wharton built a suite of philosophies that she expressed in lots of arenas, together with inside layout, structure, and landscaping. Her theories of area have been practiced and materially achieved, as well as being expressed in her writing.
- Irish Playwrights, 1880-1995: A Research and Production Sourcebook
- Valéry. Tenter de vivre (Tandem) (French Edition)
- Always Returning: The Wisdom of Place
- How James Joyce Made his Name: A Reading of the Final Lacan (Contemporary Theory)
Additional info for A Bronte Encyclopedia
A Bronte Encyclopedia by Robert Barnard,Louise Barnard