By Sterling Clarren,Amy Salmon,Egon Jonsson
By Paul Reuwer,Hein Bruinse,Arie Franx
By Chris Miller,Michelle Miller,Dr. Thomas C. Vaughn
By Stephen T Sinatra
By Bronte Aurell
‘Why are Scandinavians continually topping the happiness table?’
‘How do you get extra Scandi-style on your life?’
‘Just how do you use lagom?’
Like her viking ancestors ahead of her, Brontë Aurell left Denmark to discover the area past domestic beaches and in her travels has come to appreciate the fascination along with her family members, in addition to seeing the idiosyncrasies of the Scandinavian way of life that locals take with no consideration.
even if you will want your condominium to seem love it belongs in Copenhagen, to exercise routine like a Norwegian or adapt to saunas like a Swede, this is often the final word insider’s advisor to the international locations of the Nørth. Full of concept and concepts, how tos and recipes that can assist you adventure some of the best of Scandinavian design, philosophy, cookery and tradition. With a signature wit and a prepared eye for element, commute alongside Bronte via fjords and mountains, farmlands and towns to higher comprehend those 3 international locations and what makes each so unique.
So get open air, learn the existence lesson that there is no such factor as undesirable climate (only undesirable clothing) and you'll realize your internal Scandi sooner than you think.
By Nicette Jukelevics
Cesarean supply - childbirth via an incision within the mother's decrease stomach - is now the most typical significant surgery played within the usa. not anyone argues over the truth that it may be a life-saving process whilst the infant or mom is in danger. yet for nearly 3 a long time during this country, cesarean deliveries have elevated, with no considerably greater results for infants or moms. specialists warn that as much as 50 percentage of the greater than 1 million C-sections played right here every year are pointless. and that's the place Nicette Jukelevics, a qualified childbirth educator, researcher and author, steps in with this booklet. Jukelevics goals to provide ladies the insights they should make an educated determination approximately even if typical or C-section delivery is healthier for them and their infants. She explains while C-sections are useful, and after they are usually not wanted. She additionally addresses the overuse and misuse of scientific systems which may complicate hard work and bring about C-sections, in addition to purposes medical professionals may possibly help or recommend C-sections, together with outmoded scientific info, worry of legal responsibility, and financial merits measured in medical professionals' time.
This paintings additionally examines midwifery practices proven to soundly lessen cesarean deliveries, yet missed or resisted by way of hospitals. Understanding the hazards of Cesarean Birth will curiosity not just expectant and destiny mom and dad, but in addition to scholars and students of women's wellbeing and fitness, nursing, and public health.
By Pamela H. Payne Foster,Roland C. Barksdale-Hall,Ruth H. Gordon-Bradshaw,Thaddeus P. Ulzen,Joyce A. Bowie Guillory,William Foster Jr.
By Master Stephen Co,Eric B. Robins,Ximena Valencia,Chet Smith
Amazingly effortless to benefit and follow, Pranic therapeutic makes use of a sequence of robust yet easy how you can generate strength, together with non-touch hand routine; full of life hygiene, the perform of preserving your individual power tank fresh and whole; respiring; and short meditations. utilizing those certain options, you could establish, transparent, and purify bad, imbalanced strength and change it with clean strength that is helping your physique heal itself from a variety of actual, mental, and emotional signs and problems. A self-healing advisor for twenty-four diseases, together with actual and activities accidents, power arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia, high blood pressure, complications, backaches, congestion and colds, menstrual cramps, even melancholy and stress-related issues, is included.
With step by step directions, line drawings, and various real-life scientific tales, Your palms Can Heal You demonstrates and explains a progressive software that any one can use to harness the strength of physique, brain, and breath to supply well-being and facilitate fix. individually expert by way of Grand grasp Choa Kok Sui, who constructed Pranic therapeutic, the authors, grasp Co and Dr. Robins, give you the comparable distinctive tips in Your fingers Can Heal You as within the renowned Pranic therapeutic workshops.
Additionally, they current, for the 1st time in any booklet, the Grandmaster's detailed changes to the respiring practices that could dramatically elevate your energy and effort and rejuvenate and stability your actual, emotional, psychological, and non secular body.
This interesting new mind-body heath reference proves that you just can heal your self -- along with your personal hands.
By Jayne E. Marshall,Maureen D. Raynor,Jayne E. Marshall PhD MA PGCEA ADM RM RGN,Maureen D. Raynor MA PGCEA ADM RMN RN RM
The most-popular midwifery textbook within the world!
The 16th version of this seminal textbook, Myles Textbook for Midwives, has been broadly revised and restructured to make sure that it displays present midwifery perform, with an elevated specialise in subject matters which are primary to midwifery perform today.
- Well illustrated to help visible learning
- Boxes highlighting major details to assist study
- Introduction, goals of the bankruptcy and end for every chapter
- References, additional studying and necessary web pages to advertise additional learning
- Glossary of phrases and acronyms offer easy definition of extra complicated terminologies
Additional on-line resources
- Over 500 multiple-choice questions permit scholars to check their knowledge
- Unlabelled illustrations support toughen learning
- Full picture financial institution of illustrations to make examine extra visible and support with projects.
- Up-to-date counsel on specialist legislation, midwifery supervision, criminal and moral concerns, hazard administration and scientific governance
- Recognises that midwives more and more deal with ladies with advanced overall healthiness wishes, in a multicultural society
- Increases self belief in empowering girls to make acceptable choices
- Looks on the dilemmas keen on taking care of girls with a raised physique mass index
- Chapter on optimising care of the perineum for ladies with perineal trauma, together with those that have skilled girl genital mutilation
- Additional insurance of simple neonatal resuscitation, to mirror the rage for midwives to hold out the neonatal physiological exam
- Streamlined chapters with related subject matters and content material, to facilitate learning
- Full color illustrations now used during the publication, in line with scholar feedback.
By William James Moore